Pages

Friday 7 October 2011

Tessellation



In maths we continued with our geometry work, which was tessellation using tiles.
Mrs Manickum said to Room 5, “We are going to use the tiles that Tevita’s dad gave to us for making tessellating patterns.”


We all worked on our own using the big and small square tiles. Kryzjon came up with the idea of using the bigger tiles for his pattern but he changed his mind and used the small tiles. I made a pattern that looked just like the floor in my nana’s bathroom.



The rules of a tessellating pattern are;
There must be no gaps, no overlapping (one on top of each other) there must be a vertex (corners must meet). When I completed my tessellating pattern, Kryzjon told me it was so cool then I replied back to him “Wow your one is so amazing,” Kryzjon said “Thank you Carlos.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.