Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011

DON'T Hit My Face!

“Ha…. No! Don’t…. hit….. my….. face!”

On a hot, sunny day Room 5 went to play another active game of futsal. I was up and going like the hare in The Hare and the Tortoise. We (all the girls) rushed to the top court to start our game of futsal.
Juliano ( our Brazilian coach) said, “Futsal Queens and Futsal Champs start off first.” As we played both teams kept kicking the ball out of the court and they got no goals. Then it was Lace Ups versus Futsal Queens. Both teams were short of players. So Lace Ups chose me and Futsal Queens chose Frankie. Frankie and I were goalie for our teams. And that was when it started. Futsal Queens came right up and were kicking the ball at ME! Ooooooh dear, I thought they were going to get a goal but then ...... ha…Ha…HAA like the speed of lightning I saved the ball! Because I realized that the Futsal Queens were going for my beautiful face and so I put my palms out in front and saved the ball from hitting my face just before the whistle.

Never in my life had I experienced that. I had a fantastic time playing another game of futsal and I can’t wait to play next time.

4 comments:

Miss Lorenzo said...

What an awesome piece of writing Sophie! I like your use of similes, it really brought your writing to life!

Room5 said...

Sophie you made your recount interesting by using speech marks, exclamation marks correctly.

David Beckham said...

sounds like you're pretty good at soccer. come join my team. :)

David Beckham

Sophie said...

WOW David I've never been offered to join a soccer team before.... which team do you play for?
From Sophie

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.